8 Things You Need To Do If You Are In A Motorcycle Accident

Were you or someone you know in a motorcycle accident?  

motorcyclist rider

Here is exactly what you need to do NOW:

If someone is hurt, immediately

1. Call 911 and request emergency medical services.

2. If possible, take photos of the damages to your motorcycle and the positioning of the vehicles (including the other person’s license plate). This information may be important to the investigative process if the vehicles are moved, or if there is a dispute about the accident or your injuries.

3. As soon as emergency services arrive, explain the accident to the police and any injuries to EMS/Fire Rescue.

4. Once you have left the accident scene or the Emergency Room, contact an experienced attorney such as Goldman and Daszkal, P.A. at (954) 428-9333 for a free consultation about your rights and obligations.*

5. Call your insurance company to report that you were in a motorcycle accident. IMPORTANT: Provide them any information needed to set up your claim (individuals involved, brief accident details, brief summary of the location of your injury), but DO NOT allow them to take a recorded statement. Reputable insurance companies will walk you through the process to report an accident. They may request a police accident report. If the police didn’t provide this at the accident scene, it should be available within 7-10 days.

6. Call the other person’s insurance company and provide them any information needed to set up your claim (individuals involved, brief accident details, brief summary of the location of your injury), but DO NOT allow them to take a recorded statement.

7. Do not discuss details of the accident with anyone other than the police, emergency medical services, and your attorney.

8. You may receive calls and solicitations from individuals claiming to be a representative of your insurance agency or a lawyer. If the calls are not from your ACTUAL LAWYER, HANG UP. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING about the ACCIDENT. Soliciting accident victims is illegal!                                                                                                                                                                                     

*Find an experienced personal injury attorney to represent you and recover the lost wages and injury compensation to which you are entitledGoldman & Daszkal, P.A., a reputable Florida-based law firm specializes in vehicle accidents and personal injury cases.  When you contact Goldman & Daszkal, P.A., the firm will provide a free consultation to help you understand your rights and obligations.  A firm representative can meet with you at the law office or at a convenient location for you.  If you select Goldman & Daszkal, represent you, the team will take the lead and contact all necessary individuals, allowing you to have peace of mind while you recover. 

You can contact Goldman & Daszkal, P.A., at www.goldmandaszkal.comor (954) 428-9333 anytime.

If you found this reference guide helpful, send a copy to fellow bikers so that they are prepared!

Goldman & Daszkal, P.A.

Since 1990, Goldman & Daszkal, P.A. has provided reputable legal representation to people throughout Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties.  The firm has helped thousands of individuals recover compensation from motor vehicle accidents, slip and fall accidents, product defect and liability cases, pharmacy errors, and negligent security cases to cover medical expenses, pay bills, take care of their families, and return to work.  Goldman & Daszkal, P.A. can help you get the relief you need to start living your life again after a serious injury.  For a free and confidential consultation, contact Goldman & Daszkal, P.A., at 888-504-HURT (4878).


Newsletter Sign-Up


Facebook badge Twitter badge LinkedIn badge Google Plus Justia badge


1630 West Hillsboro Blvd.
Deerfield Beach, Florida  33442
(954) 428-9333
Google+ Page

We serve the following localities: Coral Springs, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Lauderhill, Lighthouse Point, Miramar, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Pompano Beach, Sunrise, Broward County, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Palm Beach Gardens, Wellington, West Palm Beach, and Palm Beach County.

Deerfield Beach Accident Lawyer Goldman & Daszkal, P.A.
Contact Broward County Injury Attorney Goldman & Daszkal, P.A.
Copyright © 2018 Goldman & Daszkal, P.A.   Web Development & Web Marketing by IWD Marketing